Date published: January 29, 2010
Journal code: NDRG
4398 126th Ave. N.
Clearwater, FL 33762
From Tampa: Take Interstate 275 to SR-688 (Ulmerton Road) and go west to 49th Street. Go south on 49th Street to 126th Avenue and head east to the track's entrance.
From Clearwater: Take U.S. Highway 19 south to SR-688 (Ulmerton Road), go east to 49th Street, then south to 126th Avenue, and east to the track's entrance.
From Sarasota: Take Interstate 275 north and merge onto FL-686W via Exit 30 toward Largo/Clearwater. Stay straight to go onto Ulmerton Road/FL-688W. Turn left onto 49th Street and left on 126th Avenue to the track's entrance.
Super Pro, Sportsman, Jr. Dragster Advanced, Jr. Dragster Intermediate, Jr. Dragster Novice, Index
Wednesdays are reserved for test 'n' tune sessions, and NHRA Summit Racing Series races are contested Fridays.
* NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League Challenge, March 26
* National DRAGSTER Challenge, May 7
* Memorial Day $2,500 Super Pro, May 28
* Labor Day $2,500 Super Pro, Sept. 3
* Aerospace Components King of the Track, Sept. 24
* Turkey Bracket Bash, Nov. 26-27
* Autoway Chevrolet of Clearwater Heads Up Madness, contested monthly
* Index events, contested monthly
* Street Heat Legal Street Racing events
Sunshine Dragstrip opened in 1958 and has been a Division 2 favorite. Friday night racing became a mainstay at the track in 1963, and full-race programs began in 1965. Wednesday night competition began in 1969.
* located in the most densely populated county of Florida
David Scigliuto, Corky Markwart, and Brian Frederickson.