Date published: December 1, 2011
* I tried the Cashew, Coconut, and Pumpkin Curry from Sunset (October, page 88; and on myrecipes.com), and it is one of the most delicious meals I've eaten. It's so good that my picky 8-year-old said while eating it: "Mommy this is delicious!" Delicious and nutritious-give it a go. -POSTED AT BLOG.JKNATURALS.COM
* A pumpkin arrived in our CSA this week. The cute little guy never stood a chance and lasted only one day because I'd ripped a recipe for pumpkin curry out of Sunset. After Michael complimented dinner, I told him the curry was vegan. Neither of us is a fan of vegan food for vegan's sake, but we both like most things that are delicious to begin with and just happen to be vegan. This curry was a good example of that and didn't feel like it was missing meat or dairy. -POSTED AT BRITTANYPOWELl.COM
* The picture of pumpkin curry really caught my eye, so I took a closer look to find out that it was a vegan curry. What a surprise: No meat or animal products in this dish, yet it looks amazing! -posted ATANNELDREWSKITCHEN.COM
The annual debate
* Over the years, my husband and I have religiously subscribed to Sunset. It was part of our DNA. Some years, because finances were tight or the magazine underwhelming, we opted out. In recent years, we have held the "Annual Sunset Debate": Is it, or is it not, worth subscribing again?
But recently, something has happened. Instead of tossing Sunset into the recycling after a cursory look, we are reading it again. The articles are lively, informative, a/id encourage positive, productive activities.
So keep up the great work. It's good to see Sunset reaching out to the next generation of families whose kids may be inspired by what they see inside. As always, Sunset is about living well within our geography and current circumstances, and people need those messages now more than ever, -MAUREEN GIRARD, PACIFIC GROVE, CA
* You've scouted out the perfect Christmas tree with your little ones and chopped it down yourselves at the tree farm, -ALEXIA SZABO
* The smeli of latkes permeates my home and the candles on the menorah cast a perfect glow. -LISA BERLINER MANHEIM
* Eggnog is available from our local creamery. -TERAH BAKER-DRAKE
* The boat parade in Newport Beach, California. -KRISTIN HENDERSHOT-BENTS
* The kids come home from college, the tree is decorated with ornaments we've collected over years of traveling, and the fresh crab and artichokes are bought for Christmas Eve dinner! -JENNIFER WREN STOICHEFF
* My husband and I take our kids and my parents to see the lights at the Mission Inn in Riverside, California. -KINDRA CRANDELL
* My three kids and I take a drive, randomly turning here and there, to look at the holiday lights. We "Oooooo" and "Ahhhhhhh" as we ogle the twinkling, -JENNA HOLLAND
* My dad brings out the old Christmas lights - the larger (and better) than plastic ones his father decorated the house with when he was growing up - and wraps them around the front door. -ELIZABETH ANN MARIN
* The air gets crisp and See's Candies puts out their display. (I would love to say "until it snows," but we are in California.) -SPELL IT OUT PHOTOS
* I get my Sunset and pick which new cookies I'm going to make for my annual 3 Cs of Christmas (cookies, candles, and cocktails) party! -KIRSTEN BOWDEN UDANI
Posts from our Facebook fans
"It doesn't feel like the holidays until..."
Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Sunset on Facebook: Visit sunset.com/ community and click "Join us on Facebook!"