Date published: December 1, 2011
Peter Walker International School of Developmental Baby Massage
* Two-day certificated teacher training for health professionals, children centre staff and complementary therapists
25 and 26 February 2012
At Viveka 27-A Queen's Terrace, St John's Wood, London NW8 6EA Peter Walker is the leading international trainer for developmental baby massage with over 35 years of group teaching experience and working with families on a one-to-one basis, specialising in supporting families with children with special needs in their development. Peter's work can be viewed on www.theoabieswebsite.coni and at YouTube.
In-house training for the 2-day course and continuous professional development workshops are available for NHS and other organisations providing care for children and families
This course includes:
* A Holding Reassurancer Programme to empower parents to:
Get in touch with their baby, learn different holding positions to introduce gentle stroking and stretching prior to introducing massage sequence. Be spontaneous and trust their own instincts to facilitate their confidence in getting to know their baby. Observe, listen and respond sensitively to their baby's cues and communication including non-verbal cues.
* A Developmental Baby Massage Routine covering:
Key principles of underpinning neuroscience, psychodynamic and child development with focus on empowering parents to develop a positive relationship with their baby, thus promoting baby's emotional development. Parents are first and foremost taught to respect their baby. To do massage with their baby and not to their baby. The session is led by the baby.
* The correct way to:
[1) Stimulate the baby's circulation and breathing
2) Reduce physiological flexion and the occurrence of 'plagiocephal/
3) Increase flexibility and strength
4) Relieve birth trauma and other common infant ailments
5) Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to infant motor and emotional development
6) Elementary motor delay and correction
7) Easy to learn massage sequences with inclusion of singing, talking and playing with the baby, making it a quality and enjoyable time for both mother and baby.
3) High-quality resource: Peter Walker's DVD and new book. Developmental Baby Massage, hard-back copy with full set of course notes for all students.
'Thanks for this course. Didn't appreciate at the time how beneficial your training would be and how easy it would be tor me to incorporate this into my job, so once again, thanks.'
For course booking please email email@example.com
Learn Baby Massage with the Internationa Association of Infant Massage
Train to become a certified infant massage instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM), by far the largest and the on))' worldwide organisation with over 30 years of teaching experience now in more than 40 countries. For further details of our training throughout the UK, visit: www.iaim.org.uk
Our four-day highly acclaimed, comprehensive course has been endorsed as the highest quality for parent education, comprising:
* Theory and latest research
* Supervised practical teaching
* Extra curriculum activities including reading, further practical teaching and a take-home ivritÓen assessment.
All of our students will feel confident in empowering parents to give nurturing touch and communication so that children are loved, valued and respected throughout the community. On-going support is always available from our trainers.
We also have many specialist instructors working in diverse areas from special needs to music, who can offer support and postcertification workshops.
We value our members - membership of the IAIM(UK) chapter is given to all students and facilitates:
* Local, national and international support and networking
* Continued professional development - regular educational conferences, expert speakers and trainer-led stroke reviews
* Marketing advice for your class set-up and a triannual informative newsletter.
Tel: 0208 989 9597
Infant Massage Teacher Training Programme
Venues across UK, plus in-house options
A five-day, comprehensive baby massage course for health professionals and parenting practitioners provided by Touch-Learn International, the exemplary training company. This highly acclaimed programme is accredited by the Guild of Infant and Child Massage (GiCM).
This quality training programme includes simple massage techniques, coupled with an in-depth knowledge to practise safely, ethically and professionally, so practitioners feel confident to teach parents in a variety of settings.
Included within the course:
* Strategies to empower parents
* All mechanisms identified in current research to support parent-infant relationships
* Underpinning theory based on current research
* Practical teaching in the field
* Relevant anatomy and physiology
* Quality supporting materials and books
* Summative assessment
* Free, informative biannual newsletter
* Tutorial and on-going support
* Free membership of the GlCM.
Touch-Learn International Ltd
Tel: 01889 566222
On-going, venues across LJK
Two-day workshop for qualified baby massage teachers to enhance teaching skills.
Supports bonding, attachment, parenting skills, physical development, relaxation.
Touch-Learn International Ltd
Tel: 01889 566222
Millpond Children's Sleep Workshop
Wednesday March 21 2012
Our popular one-day interactive workshop, designed for professionals working with families with babies through to school age.
* Explore sleep cycles/sleep needs
* Understand sleep problems
* Interpret sleep information questionnaires and diary
* Plan a wide range of sleep techniques
* Evaluate intervention
£175. EARLYBIRD PRICE: £155 for bookings received before fanuary 1 2012.
T: 020 8444 0040