Date published: January 1, 2012
The David Baker Scholarship was established in 2010 by Jamey Aebersold. to honor Master Educator David Baker. $3,000 Award/ 1 year eJEN membership/Certificate
* Alex LiU MaCiaS - a young jazz guitarist from Ecuador, studies under the guidance of David Baker and Corey Christiansen at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.
* Jamaal BaptiSte - a pianist from the island of Aruba, is currently pursuing a degree in jazz studies at Indiana University under the tutelage of Luke Gillespie and David Baker.
The Mary Jo Papich Women in Jazz Scholarship was established and funded in 2010 by Mary Jo Papich to honor Women in Jazz. In 2012, the Board of Directors moved to fund this award in Mary Jo's honor from the JEN Education Fund in the amount of $1,000/1 year JEN membership/Certificate.
* Erika MatSOn is a junior music education major at DePauw University and hopes to fulfill her dream by becoming a band director after finishing her undergraduate degree. Erika is thankful for this scholarship assisting her to fulfill her passion of teaching jazz to others.
The Hal Leonard Collegiate Scholarship was established in 2011 by the Hal Leonard Corporation to recognize with a financial scholarship a deserving college/ university student entering or continuing their collegiate jazz studies, and is to be awarded annually in the amount of $1,000/Certificate.
* Kathleen HollingSWOrth - a singer-keyboardist-choir director-writer-arranger-educator with a mission to create grander beauty in life and deeper community between people through music is pursuing her doctoral degree at the University of Miami.
The JEN Founders Award
$1,000/Certificate/l year eJEN membership/Certificate.
* Price McGuffey is a percussion and saxophone major at the Youth Performing Arts School, DuPont Manual High School in Louisville, KY., and hopes to pursue a career in jazz performance and/or studio drumming.
* Jordan Egland-Smith is an award-winning saxophonist in the jazz and concert band at Oldham County High School, Buckner, KY. Jordan plays all four saxophones and has studied four years of Jazz Improvisation at the HEB Houston Summer Jazz Workshop. His personal goal is to perform at his highest level and become a renowned jazz musician.