Date published: May 1, 2012
Journal code: CPRA
Peter Walker International School of Developmental Baby Massage
* Two-day certificated teacher training for health professionals, children centre staff and complementary therapists with Peter Walker at VIVEKA, Queens Terrace, St Johns Wood, London NW8 6EA.
23 and 24 June 2012
Peter Walker is the leading international trainer for Developmental Baby Massage with over 35 years of group teaching experience and working with families one to one, specialising in supporting families with children with special needs in their development Peter's work can be viewed on www.babymassageteachertraining.com
This two-day certificated course includes
1 ) Holding Reassurance Programme empowers parents to:
* Get more 'in touch' with their baby, learn different holding positions and introduce gentle stroking and stretching prior to introducing massage sequences
* Be spontaneous and trust their instincts to develop more confidence in getting to know their baby
* Observe, listen and respond sensitively to their baby's cues and communication including non-verbal cues.
2) Developmental Baby Massage Routine including:
* Key principles of underpinning neuroscience, psychodynamic and child development with focus on empowering parents to develop a positive relationship with their baby, thus promoting baby's emotional development
* Parents are first and foremost taught to respect their baby. To do massage with and not to their baby. These sessions are led by the baby
The correct way to massage to:
1) Stimulate the baby's circulation and breathing
2} Reduce physiological flexion and the occurrence of 'plagiocephaly'
3} Increase flexibility and strength
4} Relieve birth trauma and other common iniant ailments
5) Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to early infant motor and emotional development
6) Elementary Motor Delay and correction
7} Using the correct oils
8} Easy to learn massage sequences with inclusion of singing, kissing, talking and playing with the baby, making it a quality and enjoyable time for both mother and child.
3) High quality resource: Peter Walker's DVD and new book 'Developmental Baby Massage' hard back copy with full set of course notes for all students.
In-house training for this two-day course and continuous professional development workshops are available for NHS and other organisations providing care for children and families.
Also available 'in-house' teaching:
* Two Day Soft Mother and Baby Yoga Certificated teacher training. Excellent follow through for Developmental Baby Massage Teachers
* One day in-house refresher for Developmental Baby Massage teachers Certificate of Attendance given
* One day in-house additional needs teaching Certificate of Attendance given
* One day teaching for all other qualified baby massage instructors who wish to include 'Developmental Baby Massage' techniques and the rationale behind this teaching in their practice Certificate of Attendance given.
Comments from delegates on latest course:
'Thanks again for an inspiring two days'
'Thank you again for the fabulous traininglast week!
"Really enjoyed your baby massage training and I was very inspired by your life and your work.'
'I found the course to be really fascinating and I cannot wait to put what I have learnt into practice.'
For this course and 'in-house' course bookings email:walken@ thebabieswebsite.com Accreditation & Insurance; Independent Professional Therapists International
Touch-Learn International's Baby Massage Teacher Training Programme
Venues across UK, plus in-house option. A five-day, comprehensive baby massage course for health professionals and parenting practitioners provided by Touch-Learn International, the exemplary training company. This highly acclaimed programme is accredited by the Guild of Sensory Development (GofSD). This quality training programme includes simple massage techniques, coupled with an in-depth knowledge to practise safely, ethically and professionally, so practitioners feel confident to teach parents in a variety of settings.
Included within the course:
* Strategies to empower parents
* All mechanisms identified in current research to support parent-infant relationships
* Underpinning theory based on current research
* Practical teaching in the field
* Relevant anatomy and physiology
* Quality supporting materials and books
* Summative assessment
* Free, informative biannual newsletter
* Tutorial and on-going support
* Free membership of the GICM.
Touch-Learn International Ltd
Tel: 01889 566222
For further details of training throughout the UK please visit www.touchlearn.co.uk
In-house training available.
Announcing the next round of Deborah Robertson's Breastfeeding Specialist Course:
Dates: Study days are one Monday per month, May 2012 to April 2013.
Location: Chatham, Kent
Cost: £80 per month, or discount for paying in full at booking.
AARC Approved: 120 hours (study days plus optional homework). CERPs awarded.
More information: www. breastfeedingspecialist.com
Contact: Deborah 01634 814275
Millpond Children's Sleep Workshop - London, Wednesday 26 September 2012
Our popular one-day interactive workshop, designed for professionals working with families with babies through to school age.
* Explore sleep cycles/ sleep needs
* Understand sleep problems
* Interpret sleep information questionnaires and diary
* Plan a wide range of sleep techniques
* Evaluate intervention
£175, EARLYBIRD PRICE £155 for bookings received before 1
August 2012. T: 020 8444 0040
The Brazelton Centre in Great Britain
Understanding newborn behaviour and supporting early parent-infant relationships
Newborn Behavioural Observations (NBO)
24 and 25th May 2012
Royal Society of Medicine, London
For further details, please contact:
Tel: 01223 245791