Date published: June 1, 2012
Peter Walker International School of Developmental Baby Massage
Two Day Certificated Teacher Training for health professionals, children centre staff and complementary therapists.
Course teacher Peter Walker is the leading international trainer for Developmental Baby Massage with over 35 years of teaching experience and working with families in one to one and groups. Viveka 23rd and 24th June 2012
In House Training foe this two day course and continuous professional development workshops also available for NHS and other organizations providing care for children and families
This course includes;
I ) Holding Reassurance Programme to empower parents
* Get more 'in touch' with their baby and their development.
* To be spontaneous and trust their instincts
* To observe, listen and respond sensitively to their baby's cues
2) Developmental Baby Massage Routine
* Stimulate the baby's circulation and breathing
* Reduce physiological flexion and the occurance of 'plagiocephaly'
* Increase flexibility and strength
* Relieve birth trauma and other common infant ailments
* Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to early infant motor and emotional development
* Observe Elementar}' Motor Delay
* Usage of the correct oils
* Easy to learn effective massage sequences to make this both a quality and enjoyable time for mother/father and baby.
High quality resource: Peter Walker's DVD and new book 'Developmental Baby Massage' hard back copy with full set of course notes for all students.
Comment from latest course
"The most simple, loveable, nourishing week end course experienced so far! Going back to the origin of humanity, human being in our mother's womb to try and feel the world through a baby's eyes is the most refreshing experience...
Going back to earth and helping mums to understand and feel their little ones is such a noble aim...
Peter Walker simply embodies these values.
Peter is so passionate that he is sharing throughout the course not only his experience, his anecdotes, his knowledge, but even more,. ..there is something beyond that, something I can't explain with words, something you need to feel, to experience to understand..."
This is exactly what I feel from the bottom of my heart....
Accreditation & Insurance
Independent Professional Therapists International
Peter's work can be viewed on www.babymassageteachertraining.com
For more information see www.babymassageteochertraining.com
For Courses Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Millpond Children's Sleep Workshop - London, Wednesday 26 September 2012
Our popular one-day interactive workshop, designed for professionals working with families with babies through to school age.
* Explore sleep cycles/ sleep needs
* Understand sleep problems
* Interpret sleep information questionnaires and diary
* Flan a wide range of sleep techniques
* Evalúale intervention
£175, EARLYBIRD PRICE £155 for bookings received before 1 August 2012.1:02084440040
Learn Baby Massage with the International Association of Infant Massage
Train to become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infam Massage (IAIM), the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to baby massage. Our curriculum is taught in more than 45 countries and has been developed and refined over 30 years through research, reflective practice and practical experience. This has resulted in a widely endorsed and implemented parenting programme.
Our highly acclaimed comprehensive training comprises:
* A 4-day training including supervised practical teaching of a parent/baby massage class
* A take home written assessment
* Further practical teaching and reading
By training with our highly respected organisation you will join a worldwide network of Instructors offering a supportive environment to teach life-long parenting and relaxation skills. Membership of the IAIM UK Chapter includes:
* A local, national and intemationiil support network
* Continued professional development including study days with expert speakers, trainer led massage stroke refresher sessions and a biennial international conference
* Access to relevant articles, information and the latest research on our website
* A regular newsletter
Our trainings are run regular!/ at centres nationwide. They are facilitated by experienced IAIM Trainers, who have been instructors for many years and have undertaken an extensive 2-year training process. All our Trainers are trained by the IAIM thereby ensuring continuity of philosophy and training standards. For further details please visit www.iaim.org.uk ln-house trainings are available on request.
0208 989 9597
Touch-Learn International's Baby Massage Teacher Training Programme
Venues across UK, plus in-house option. A five-day, comprehensive baby massage course for health professionals and parenting practitioners provided by Touch-Learn International, the exemplary training company. This highly acclaimed programme is accredited by the Guild of Sensory Development (GofSD) and the University of Wolverhampton. This quality training programme includes simple massage techniques, coupled with an in-depth knowledge to practise safely, ethically and professionally, so practitioners feel confident to teach parents in a variety of settings. Included within the course:
* Strategies to empower parents
* All mechanisms identified in current research to support parent- infant relationships
* Underpinning theory based on current research
* Practical teaching in the field
* Relevant anatomy and physiology
* Quality supporting materials and books
* Summative assessment
* Free, informative biannual newsletter
* Tutorial and on-going support
* Free membership of the GofSD.
For further details of in-house training and UK dates please visit www. touchlearn.co.uk.
Touch-Learn International Ltd
TeL 01889 566222