Date published: July 1, 2012
Journal code: CPRA
Peter Walker International School of Developmental Baby Massage
International School of Developmental Baby Massage
Two-day certificated teacher training for health professionals, children centre staff and complementary therapists with Peter Walker at VIVEKA Queens Terrace St John's Wood London NW8 6EA 20 & 21 October 2012
Key principles of underpinning neuroscience, psychodynamic and child development empowering parents to form a positive relationship with their baby and secure their baby's development.
Peter Walker is the leading international trainer for Developmental Baby Massage with over 35 years of group teaching experience and working with families on a one to one including those babies with developmental delay.
This two-day certificated course includes;
1) Holding Reassurance Programme Birth to eight weeks
a) Secure Attachment
b) Observe babies cues in communication
c) Identify and offer techniques in remedial touch to relieve intra-uterine and birth trauma
d) Introduce holding positions, stroking and gentle stretching prior to any massage to relieve physiological flexion and abdominal tension and develop breathing rythrn
2) Developmental Baby Massage Routine eight weeks to standing
The Correct Use of Massage:
a) Develop circulatory and breathing rythms
b) Reduce the occurance of 'plagiocephaly'
c) An easy introduction to 'tummy time'.
d) Develop muscle strength and joint flexibility
e) Relieve some common infant ailments
f) Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to early infant motor and emotional development
g) Elementary Motor Delay and correction
h) Usage of the correct oils from birth
i) Easy to learn massage sequences including singing, kissing, talking and play. A quality and enjoyable time for both mother /father and child.
3) High quality resource: Peter Walker's DVD 'Developmental Baby Massage' and new book 'Developmental Baby Massage' hard back copy with full set of course notes for all students.
Also available Hn-house' teaching TWo-day Soft Mother and Baby Yoga One day Additional Needs One day teaching for qualified instructors to include 'Developmental Baby Massage' techniques and rationale in their practice.
Comments from latest course
"The most simple, loveable, nourishing weekend course experienced so far!
Going back to the origin of humanity, human being in our mothers womb to try and feel the world through a baby's eyes is the most refreshing experience...
Going back to earth and helping mums to understand and feel their little ones is such a noble aim...
Peter Walker simply embodies these values.
Peter is so passionate that he is sharing throughout the course not only his experience, his anecdotes, his knowledge, but even more.... there is something beyond that, something I can't explain with words, something you need to feel, to experience to understand..."
This is exactly what I feel from the bottom of my heart....
My staff and I have thoroughly enjoyed the training over the last two days. We are really eager to put it in to practice with the families we work with.
Thanks again for an inspiring two days.
Thank you again for the fabulous training last week
Thank you for your guidance and training in developmental baby massage, I am loving it!
I found the course to be really fascinating and I cannot wait to put what I have learnt into practice
For this course and 'In-house' course bookings:
Accreditation & INSURANCE
Independent Professional Therapists International
Post Course support for all teachers
Millpond Children's Sleep Workshop - London, Wednesday 26 September 201 2
Our popular one-day interactive workshop, designed for professionals working with families with babies through to school age.
* Explore sleep cycles/sleep needs
* Understand sleep problems
* Interpret sleep information questionnaires and diary
* Plan a wide range of sleep techniques
* Evaluate intervention £175, EARLYBIRD PRICE £155 for bookings received before 1st August 2012.
T: 020 8444 0040
Touch-Learn Internationars Baby Massage Teacher Training Programme
Venues across UK, plus in-house option. A five-day, comprehensive baby massage course for health professionals and parenting practitioners provided by Touch-Learn International, the exemplary training company. This highly acclaimed programme is accredited by the Guild of Sensory Development (GofSD) and the University of Wolverhampton. This quality training programme includes simple massage techniques, coupled with an in-depth knowledge to practise safely, ethically and professionally, so practitioners feel confident to teach parents in a variety of settings. Included within the course:
* Strategies to empower parents
* All mechanisms identified in current research to support parent-infant relationships
* Underpinning theory based on current research
* Practical teaching in the field
* Relevant anatomy and physiology
* Quality supporting materials and books
* Summative assessment
* Free, informative biannual newsletter
* Tutorial and on-going support
* Free membership of the GofSD.
For further details of in-house training and UK dates please visit www.touchlearn.co.uk.
Touch-Learn International Ltd
Tel: 01889 566222
The Brazelton Centre in Great Britain
Understanding newborn behaviour and supporting early parent-infant relationships
Neonatal Behavioural Assessment Scale (NBAS)
17/18th September 2012
Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
Newborn Behavioural Observations (NBO)
3/4th December 2012
Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
For further details, please contact:
Learn Baby Massage with the International Association of Infant Massage
Train to become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM), the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to baby massage. Our curriculum is taught in more than 45 countries and has been developed and refined over 30 years through research, reflective practice and practical experience. This has resulted in a widely endorsed and implemented parenting programme.
Our highly acclaimed comprehensive training comprises:
* A 4-day training including supervised practical teaching of a parent/baby massage class
* A take home written assessment
* Further practical teaching and reading
By training with our highly respected organisation you will join a worldwide network of Instructors offering a supportive environment to teach life-long parenting and relaxation skills. Membership of the IAIM UK Chapter includes:
* A local, national and international support network
* Continued professional development including study days with expert speakers, trainer led massage stroke refresher sessions and a biennial international conference
* Access to relevant articles, information and the latest research on our website
* A regular newsletter Our trainings are run regularly at centres nationwide. They are facilitated by experienced IAIM Trainers, who have been instructors for many years and have undertaken an extensive 2-year training process. All our Trainers are trained by the IAIM thereby ensuring continuity of philosophy and training standards. For further details please visit www.iaim.org.uk. In-house trainings are available on request
IAIM (UK) Chapter